When cleaning large-scale parts or small precision materials, vapor degreasing and ultrasonic cleaning are processes used for precision cleaning and both offer benefits in industrial applications. When choosing a process, the question to ask is the advantages of vapor degreasing vs ultrasonic cleaning.
What is Vapor Degreasing?
The vapor degreasing process is a method involving boiling a solvent to form vapors. A part that requires degreasing is exposed to the vapors in a closed chamber, so the vapor condenses and dissolves surface dirt, grease, and other contaminants from the part.
What is Ultrasonic Cleaning?
Ultrasonic cleaning involves using high frequency sound waves to agitate an aqueous solution. The sound waves agitate the solution and create bubbles to remove contaminants from a part at the molecular level. When advantageous, the solution contains detergent to help clean a part.
Benefits: Vapor Degreasing vs Ultrasonic Cleaning
- Superior Cleaning Performance
- No Manual Cleaning Required
- Recyclable Solvent
- Wide Range of Compatible Materials
- Minimal Maintenance Required
- High-pressure Cleaning
- Removes Bonded Contaminants
Vapor Degreasing vs Ultrasonic Cleaning
In most industries and manufacturing companies, vapor degreasing is preferred over ultrasonic cleaning for the following reasons:
- Vapor degreasing equipment can often accommodate ultrasonic tanks allowing for both processes to be able to be performed and offering the power of vapor degreasing and ultrasonic agitation to be used to remove the largest number of contaminants as possible.
- Vapor degreasing is much faster when comparing vapor degreasing vs ultrasonic cleaning. No scrubbing is required in the vapor degreasing process since the cleaning is completed by the solvent and vapors.
- Vapor degreasing is a more cost-effective option for companies since the solvent can be recycled unlike the liquid and detergent used in ultrasonic cleaning.
Need a Vapor Degreaser?
Still deciding between vapor degreasing vs ultrasonic cleaning options? Let LssChemicals help! We offer a range of vapor degreasers that can help you determine if vapor degreasing is your best option. Contact us today to learn more about the line of non-flammable vapor degreaser solvents we offer!